Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Blueberry Goodness

Last night, we went blueberry picking with co-op friends. I didn't get many pictures, but it was idyllic - small farm feel, kids running through rows of blueberry bushes, picking until it was dark then driving home with quiet sleeping babies under the Full Moon.





Liv snapped this picture (among many others not suitable for publication) of a picked-over-but-full bush.



Lela slept in until after 9am, but as soon as she woke was ready to make blueberry pancakes. Laurel and Olivia were eager to get started.



Lela and Liv devour the results - from this recipe. Mentioned was the need to have a warmed plate in the oven, however that wasn't needed since they gobbled them down as fast, faster actually, than I could make them.



We weren't done with breakfast until after 10am! We piddled around the house, watering flowers from the rainbarrel which was thankfully full. We played on the swings - which have yet to be shared! We painted outside, which was more about the process of painting than the actual results. The girls painted stories of fireworks and faeries dancing in fields of red poppies. Then they swirled them away in color mixing bliss.

After the painting, pool time was in order! They washed off and I hosed off the craft table. Soon after Mike came home, and after dinner, there was more pool time. This time, they pretended that bits of floating grass were mermaids. I am guessing that mermaids will become a "new thing" around here for the girls.