Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seven Years

In Waldorf/Steiner philosophy, every seven years (or so) you go through transformation.

My friend Apple says that every seven years, your body "replaces" itself and you are in a new body. (Reminds me of what I heard my dad say once: "If you have an axe and you replace the handle three times and the blade twice, is it the same axe?")


And of course, the "seven-year itch". Haha!


Today Mike and I celebrate the 7th anniversary of the night we decided to get married. In many ways, I consider this date, July 28th, to be more important than the actual date we got married, September 28th. After all, it is the day that you actually made the committment to each other - the marriage was for everyone else, in a way.

When we made the decision, most everyone was skeptical, to say the least.

I think their worries have been assuaged now.


I couldn't ask for a better partner on this journey, a better father to our children.



I love you Mike - Happy 7th Engagement Anniversary!





1 comment:

Tanya said...

look at how young you both look! I almost didn't recognize mike in the first picture :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~