We decided to make a treasure pouch for our friend. Lela chose the fabric and thread, cut out two squares (which needed very minimal trimming by me) and with my help, pinned three sides together. Then she stitched the three sides closed - I turned the opening under and stitched it down to create the casing. Together we threaded the drawstring through the casing and attached two beads of Laurel and Liv's choosing. Lela really did most of the work - I was very impressed!
Laurel and Liv enjoyed some embroidery while Lela and I were sewing.
Add carefully selected treasues: crytals, beads, fossil coral, glass stones, shell and fossil shark's tooth - and you have a lovely handcrafted birthday gift.
Liv and Laurel chow down on hotdogs. I wish I had more pictures of the party, but all the rest have the other kids in them. It was a lot of fun though - it was after 10pm before we got home! We're hoping to make cookouts a regular event now.
