(picture from May visit - see end of post)
She came bearing many gifts. For me, some new incense and a brand-spankin' new pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. She got them through the company, which sponsors her shooting. I have always had Arnettes and love them, but these are some nice spectacles! I do think I'm hooked already, though the real test is how they do fly fishing. (double pun intended!)
For the girls, a book called Hidden Flower Fairies with illustrations by Cicely Mary Barker. A few months ago at a flea market, we picked up a series of her Flower Fairies books based around the four seasons. There are beautiful watercolors with little poems, each steeped in natural history and folklore. We love them, and are so happy that we have a special new Flower Fairies book!
Laurel peeping in FairyLand!
They also enjoyed doing some watercolor paintings together. I hope to get pics to share of the paintings soon. There was little time for taking pictures with two 2 1/2 year olds wielding
sopping wet brushes!
sopping wet brushes!
Lela especially enjoyed showing off her new "pumping" abilities.
Since I didn't get enough pictures of the girls, I thought I would includes these of a brief day visit with Aunt Bec. We went to McDowell Nature Preserve, where Mike works, of course!
Laurel is always in favor of being carried.
Showing Aunt Bec "their" creek.
Of course the sisters didn't get much time to visit. Hopefully she can come back soon.
Thanks for visiting us Aunt Bec, we all love you!

1 comment:
I had a great time! Please send me some of those McDowell pictures.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~