Monday, July 27, 2009

Schiele Museum

We love the Schiele Museum here in Gastonia, NC. Only 10 minutes door-to-door, it is a perfect place for us to escape the heat. We went this afternoon after a busy morning around the house and yard.

Laurel chatting with a chickadee.


Laurel checking out the beautiful sandhills diorama.


Liv outside the Schiele, wearing Ima in Didymos Pfau!


They have a new Ocean exhibit that we also love - we go about once a week. This was earlier in this month.


Another picture from a weekend visit to the Schiele. Daddy was with us and Lela got to do the gemstone mining. She found beautiful emeralds, garnets, amethyst and a huge smoky quartz!

And another earlier trip on a day when I was keeping my neighbors grandkids.

I love their puppet theater - the kids had a great time acting out my impromptu play about animal friends who couldn't get over their Friend Skunk's smell, so Eagle invented a nose plug. Ha!


And one for my detractors who say I never let my kids have ice cream! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the baby wearing toddler of yours....darling!

the museum looks like such fun.

peace,
hillary

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~