Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WiP Wednesday - tiny, tiny dog sweater

This tiny little thing is going to my brother-in-law and his girlfriend's miniature chihuahua mix puppy named Savannah. My girls had so much fun playing with her on our holiday trip to Virginia. Here's a link to my Ravelry project page and this is the pattern. I'm knitting it on size 2 dpns to further reduce the size.


But even as life goes on normally for us, like so many others, my mind has never strayed from the souls in Haiti. We have been keeping a candle burning, to remind us of their suffering and desperation, to remind us to send energy to them, to remind us to hold our babies close.



It's a strange juxtaposition - something so frivolous next to something so important. That is how life can be sometimes, I suppose. I have struggled with how to respond to this tragedy in Haiti. Our home and hearts remain open.
Peace,
Carrie

1 comment:

* * said...

I understand your words and sentiments here completely. I have been feeling a bit quiet online holding everything so closely to my heart and in my prayers... xoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~