Wednesday, January 06, 2010

WiP Wednesday: January One for Me

I decided to take part in Hillary's challenge of making one knit item for myself every month in 2010, called One for Me. Please read the One for Me post on her blog, Healing Hillary.


For my first project, I decided to make the Irish Hiking Scarf Armwarmers that I found on Ravelry. This is the first time I've done anything but bookmark patterns I have never attempted to knit. ;) Here's a link to my project page on Ravelry....right....here!


~ morning Sun on my WiP and Liv ~


This is my first cable project. Last night, I discovered that I prefer cabling with a dpn rather than a cable needle. And as I suspected, my lefthanded knitting makes the cables reverse (twisting the opposite direction).

I'm exciting about working on these AND wearing them.

Peace and happy knitting!

Carrie

p.s. I believe my new laptop will arrive here by the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh carrie! it looks beautiful already. thanks for joining me!

peace,
hillary

Erin said...

When the hell did you learn how to cable knit?

Mackenzie said...

Hello, I found your blog through the ravelry group for "one for me". Your project looks lovely! I'm a lefty, but I knit right handed, or perhaps there isn't a left handed version of "English" knitting (as opposed to "continental"?) Anyway, I just had to ask about your table! I adore it, what's the story there?

~MackenzieH
www.whilethewaterboils.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~