Saturday, January 09, 2010

dollmaking workshop


(This post contains pictures of Waldorf doll in various states of construction.)

Saturday, I had the amazing opportunity to participate in a friend's dollmaking workshop with other members of our co-op!



~ receiving instrution on forming the head ~


~ needle felting the head ~

~ having fun ~



~ making a head cover ~



~ head with stockinette ~




~ my doll ~

As I anticipated, getting the eyes, those soul-windows, just right was the hardest part! I was pleased overall with everything, but I believe I prefer more rounded eyes and a bit closer together, like the one below.

~ Tanya's doll in progress ~


~ women enjoying each other's company ~


I will be finishing up my doll in a couple weeks! What a beautiful day, in a beautiful home, with other beautiful women of all ages.
Peace,
Carrie

3 comments:

* * said...

Your doll is so joyful and sweet!
What a beautiful group to spend time creating with! What a wonderful blessing!

julie said...

Your doll looks delightful. What a wonderful way to spend a day.

Anonymous said...

What a great day that was! Aren't we so lucky to have each other?? I just want to pinch myself!
On an unrelated note, I sort of can't believe you posted that photo...funny!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~