Wednesday, December 02, 2009

SuperMomma Saves the Day, eh, Night: An Epic Short Story

I shared this on a local mommy chat board today - hope you enjoy!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It was not-so-late one night when three little girls were getting ready for bed. Daddy was doing his regular bedtime routine, brushing teeth, washing faces, putting out fires.



Then, from the top of the steps Daddy shouts:



"Where is the mattress cover and sheet for the bed?!"



Quickly, SuperMomma springs into action. The cover and sheet were sitting, newly washed and dried, in the clothes basket in the laundry room. SuperMomma bounds upstairs and passes the linens to Daddy. Crisis averted - no one will ruin the mattress tonight.



SuperMomma continues getting her knitting things together for the knit/crochet night. By now, it is about 6:45pm, time crunch. Supermomma had laid out PJs for everyone - - - everyone except the Littlest.


From the bedroom comes a squelching scream:



"Where's my sheep pajama pants?!?!"



SuperMomma again races into action. The sheep pajama pants hadn't been washed - drats - but there *were* the much-coveted pink sparkle pants. SuperMomma administers said sparkle pants, only to discover - - -



FOUR TO FIVE MASSIVE TEARS!



Terror ensues - screaming begins - Littlest demands the pants be mended! What will our buxom heroine do now?



Once more, SuperMomma rises to the challenge. With pink thread and needle in hand, she begins rapidly stitching the pants back up. But will she be done in time? For if the children aren't in bed by 7:00pm, then they will hear the knock on the door - the knock of their friends coming over to pick up milk - and will not go to sleep.



Tick tock tick tock



Her fingers flying deftly, SuperMomma whip stitches the pants. Daddy is beginning to get nervous in the bedroom. Just as she is snipping the last thread, Daddy calls:



"Are you done yet?"



DONE! The pants are adminsitered to the Littlest. The children are swiftly kissed and SuperMomma manages to escape the room without nursing the Littlest and Next Littlest children. A harrowing manuever, to be sure.


With only seconds to spare, SuperMomma gets to the door, exchanges the raw milk for organic wool batting. And now, with only 10 minutes, she gathers her knitting and crochet supplies and yarn, snatches the favorite coffee mug from the cabinet, jumps into the car and drives away.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A relaxing evening is her reward. Knitting, oohing over babies, and chatting. Oh the chatting.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Peace,

Carrie (AKA SuperMomma)

Also, I technically didn't get the door - Mike did. But it makes for a better story if I did. ;)

2 comments:

Lora Beth said...

haha, you are so funny! You are a super-mom no matter what you do!

RunninL8 said...

You are a goddess!

Hey there from Alaska! I’ve been LOVING your blog for awhile! Thought I would introduce myself. Beautiful photos and inspiration found here-thank you!
I’ve been discovering a lot of new (to me) blogs and it’s been wonderful to find so many like minded people!
Feel free to drop by my blog as well. I’ve been enjoying posting more prolifically lately- Advent/holiday gift ideas, recipes, insights and tutorials. http://www.mountainpulse.blogspot.com/
Off I go to peruse more of your blog…-Happy holidays!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~