Monday, December 07, 2009

Waldorf Co-op

I have no pictures today - but if I get some hands on them I will share. ;)


Today was a FANTASTIC day, I nearly wanted to cry with joy. It was 39 degrees F when I pulled into the parking lot at the park. I was wearing Mike's capeline Orvis longjohns (ahem!), a long skirt, nursing tank, long sleeved shirt and a lightweight jacket, and my new hat. The girls all had on 2 layers on the bottom and 4 layers on top (undershirt, longsleeved t-shirt, sweatshirt/sweater/dress, and coat) and hats. I am really noticing that I appreciated the warm layers as well. I felt a bit clunky in my boots, and I was quick to show everyone that I had them on as well as longjohns. Not much above freezing and we were comfortable!


We were perfectly comfortable all day long! The girls were in great moods, no one clambering to nurse during circle, or lunch, or story, or....you get the picture. As the Sun came out and shone through the bare trees, everyone shed a layer, only to replace it when clouds arrived. Our fire crackled and offered everyone some additional warmth. More warmth was provided by all the thermos of herbal tea, cider and soup. Brilliant!


After Circle and craft (birdseed pinecones for the 3rd week honoring the animal world) and lunch, we went for a nice just-over-a-mile hike. I ended up carrying Laurel and Liv in the wraps, and Erin kindly was my donkey for my backpack. Liv got a quick snooze on the front.


I enjoyed all the great conversation on the hike and afterwards. There's so much alive-ness (is that a word?) from these women. To have these deep connections with people who are not your physical family is glorious and when you are with them you can feel your heart bursting with happiness and gratitude for their company.


Love to you all!


Peace,
Carrie

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love you, too! And I will be your donkey anytime!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~