I yelled and scolded and berated and barked.
I puttered around on the computer all day.
I didn't take my kids outside as much as I should.
Meals were thrown together.
The Laundry Mountain had a landslide.
By Friday, with the coaching of my husband, I pulled it back together. Not idyllic. Just together. A breath in, a breath out. Unplugged the computer and sat on the floor.
So, here you go, cruddy pictures and all - this is our Real Life. A bit self-depricating, but accurate. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FRIDAY: After singing the Winds song from Song of the Seasons, we did a little bit of yoga. Goodness, that felt blissful. We all were so grounded afterwards. Then we moved on to some holiday crafting.
~ ACRYLIC felt trees ~
~ a lost greyhound wandered through our yard,
so we brought him in! ~
~ table surfing ~
While I took a minute to relax, Lela decide to do some photography. She asked Laurel and Olivia to pose for her, so they did!
~ Tree Pose ~
Dinner that night was leftover rice with leftover beans. I thought I would be clever and pop in a tomato. I had picked up this on at the farmers market a couple weeks before, and it had gone from green to red on my windowsill. Then I cut into it.....
~ tomato sproutlings ~
SATURDAY: Desperate for coffee, I went to the grocery store at 6:00am. Goodbye willpower, hello delicious, creamy, heavenly coffee! Promptly spilled a bit on the floor while frantically opening the package. Two hours later this image still remained......
~ I call this one: footprint in coffee grounds with distracting flash ~
Time to water our tree! Of course, the kitchen sink is completely full of dishes. What to do, what to do? Oh yes - use the diaper sprayer! I wish I could say I put that empty toilet paper roll back there for humor.
~ improvisation ~
Mike and the girls boldly decided to undertake a project! Together they built a simple shelf with hooks to hold their boots, hats and coats. Here, you can see a fine example of our excellent parenting. Two of three children wielding saws.
Lastly and bestly (is that a word?) I got to go shopping for a little while. Okay, a couple hours. OKAY it was over three hours! While I was out, Mike and the girls made hammocks under the bunk beds.
He's a great man. It allowed me to get the last few supplies to make the teeny babies for Laurel and Liv's upcoming birthday. The only supply left to get is the wool stuffing, tubular stockinette, and, oh yes, the motivation to start the project.
Hope you enjoyed this little realistic peek into our lives!
Peace,
Carrie

2 comments:
You guys are simply amazing at what you do with the girls. You are my heroes! :)
Looks like we had similar weeks last week! Now if only I could drag up the motivation to finish doll clothes!
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~