Sunday, November 29, 2009

This is Waldorf - Connection to Earth

This is a little themed post that I have been musing on for a while now. I believe I would like to try to make this into a regular thing. This blog has become a bit of a journal for me, and putting some of these words down has helped me to solidify them in reality.

So here goes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is Waldorf is a verbal and visual representation of what Waldorf means to us.

Waldorf is our lifestyle.

Rather, more accurately, our lifestyle is easily defined by Waldorf. We were already doing many of the "ideals" long before I met my dear and wonderful friend Tanya, who first told me about Waldorf, way back when my twins were not even walking. Some of the "ideals" go along with attachment parenting and conscious living and natural living.

So today I'd like to show some pictures that represent our connection to Earth. The Earth provides food and Energy for us.
~ this year's garden - our first ever ~





With love and great care, the plants and animals will provide food.

~ first tomato ~



But timing is also important.

~ rite of passage: picking green tomatoes ~



Pictures in books come alive, when you see them in Nature.


~ Cicely Mary Barker's Foxy Foxglove ~


We are connected to Earth physically, but we also want to be connect to Earth spiritually.


~ Dancing in the rain on Spring Equinox ~


And most importantly, We Are Nature.

Peace,
Carrie