Thursday, October 29, 2009

So I've been knitting wrong, all wrong.....

We have a local handwork night at a coffee shop around these here parts. And one very knowledgeable momma took a peek at my finished gnome hat and immediately said:

There's something not quite right about your stitches.

Me: (nonchalantly) Of course, I'm left handed.

Her: Nooooo....they're twisted.

Me: (blank stare)

Come to find out, I'm not wrapping my yarn correctly, because I tried to learn from right-handed videos. I was wrapping the yarn the wrong way this whole time on my knit stitches, though my purls are just fine.

Luckily I'm a knitting "freak" so changing wasn't a problem. I'm happy to say that I can knit right and left handed interchangeably just fine, thank you. :) It may or may not be of interest to you, but I knit correctly when knitting right handed. I'm a lefty at heart though, so now my knit stitches aren't twisted. :)