Wednesday, October 07, 2009

WiP (Work in Progress) Wednesday

There is a Flickr group out there where you can share you current Works in Progress (WiPs). I think it is a wonderful idea! I have no idea how Flickr works (though I haven't tried) but I thought I would try at least to share a creative Work in Progress on Wednesdays. To keep a record and to keep me motivated!



Here we actually have 4 Works in Progress. Bad lighting in the photo because it was too difficult to move the loom outside. ;)



On the left is a sesame yellow and red striped "elf cap" from last Autumn's Living Crafts magazine. After making one I see some areas that I would tweak (for my picky children, not the pattern in general which is wonderful as is). I still haven't added the ties to the ear flaps - Lela wants to finger-knit them.


In the middle is a scarf using wool that my girls painted last week. It was such a fun process for us all! They wanted it to be a rainbow, so we took turns with the red, yellow and blue dye. They couldn't resist adding more and more dye, so the rainbow came out with a few grey clouds. Mike and I dyed another batch that was more vibrant, but not necessarily more beautiful. :) I was playing around with dropping yarn overs, and trying to duplicate a scarf that my friend had been making last year. Then, lo and behold, I found the pattern on Ravelry. I decided to just go with that pattern, which is seafoam. I'm wondering though if I couldn't have reinvented that wheel after so many tries. It was gratifying to see that I was on the right track and that does give me more confidence in my knitting skills.


Next is a waffle dishcloth - because you can never have too many dishcloths!


And everything is sitting on my loom. I'm still working on getting it balanced correctly, which is turning out to be difficult, especially when little girls like to work the treadles so vigorously! I'm currently just learning on it - so there is no specific Work there. And yes, that is toilet paper - to take up space at the beginning until the warp becomes even.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

so pretty. and holy crap you have a lot done on your scarf already! I think it is going to take me year to knit these longies ;0

Anonymous said...

oh i love the hat. looking forward to what your little on creates. i need to find that edition of living crafts...it keeps coming up as a good one.

flickr is not too complicated. if you want to join up i can help...if not i understand.

thanks for sharing your WIPS.

peace,
hillary

* * said...

*sigh* you have a loom!!!
The work of your hands is absolutely beautiful!

Lora said...

ooh! You'll have to show me your loom!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~