Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WiP Wednesday - More of the Same

Wow, two straight weeks of doing WiP Wednesday! Hillary, who has one of my favorite blogs, sweetly invited me to join the flickr group, and I believe that I will, after a couple more weeks of just sharing here. I want to make sure that I can make the time on a regular basis. :)

So here are a few pictures. This first one is actually the scarf from last week's post, being presented to Gran. Soon I will put up the pictures of the girls dyeing the yarn as well - we used the (simple and excellent) instructions from the most recent Living Crafts.

The post was titled "More of the Same" because, well, this week I'm knitting the same projects as last week!

Here, Lela is holding another elf hat from Living Crafts. I changed the increase from a yarn over to picking up a stitch and creating a new one. I'm hoping that will close the little gaps created by the yarn overs. I like those little purposeful holes on Laurel, but Liv has a bit bigger head so they seem more stretched.



Lela modelling again. This one is going to be a tan with black and red stripes. I'll be making it one more time for Lela, and altering the pattern quite a bit. Adding more stitches, changing the decreases and the increases and probably knitting it in the round.

Laurel showing the hat! I love the style of it - covers the ears and back of the neck very well. This yarn is just Lion wool, but I have some nicer yarns that I'm excited to play with. I have some that are nice, but have been reluctant to use in the past because my knitting is not where I want it to be. (It was "my knitting is only so-so" but my sweet friend Tanya reminded me that my knitting is better than so-so and that I was being too hard on myself. Love you Tanya and thanks for the esteem boost. :))

All the girls - Liv is holding another dishcloth in the same cotton colorway of purple and grey/brown. This time I abandoned patterns to create my own! I found the basic instructions from a basketweave and extrapolated, adding a border. So I guess it's only semi-my pattern, but still......


Thanks for looking!
Peace,
Carrie