Wednesday, November 25, 2009

WiP Wednesday - Cheating and More

I remember fondly a funny post on Little Home Blessings. Despite spending the last fifteen minutes digging through her site, I cannot find it. (However, after all that digging I feel newly inspired by all her beautiful crafting!)

Anyway, the premise of post was that she had been crocheting, and was "cheating" on her knitting.

~ So, today I'm cheating as well. ~

My friend taught me how a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting around to my first project. This is going to be a hat for me - imagine that, actually crafting for yourself. I'm amazed at how quickly crochet works up.
I try to have my girls wear a hat out-of-doors when the weather necessitates it. But I cannot expect them to wear one if I never do! Crochet offers a warm-natured momma a lightweight hat. I will definitely share a finished picture of this one.
In keeping with the cruddy-picture-nice-craft theme, here's a picture of a really sweet bow that my friend made for the girls. There are actually 2 different bows, one for each girl. She did an amazing job!

~ Lela ~


~ Laurel modeling a past WiP - another completed gnome hat. ~


~ And isn't a marriage, a partnership, always a work-in-progress? ~


Yes, the Winter Beard is gone. :( To return soon, I hope!
My parents visited us for 4 days last week, and we celebrated Thanksgiving. I figured I would share those pictures in the next few days. But on Saturday night, after the girls were asleep, my mom gave us her credit card and we went out for drinks and a little food and a lot of fun. This picture that I FORCED Mike to take is probably the first one we've taken together in at least a year.
Peace,
Carrie

3 comments:

Lora Beth said...

I found you I found you!

Ya'll are so awesome together. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay for making something for YOU! I still haven't done it, although I was coveting some yummy eco-wool at the LYS today when I went to pick up some doll materials. Soon! Lovely picture of you and Mike - I'm glad you guys got some couple time in. Also, huge thanks for letting me raid your herb garden. My cornbread stuffing and turkey thank you.

* * said...

I love your banner!
The gnome hat is too cute : )
Lovely to see a photo of you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~