~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're off to the mountains for a few days
to enjoy some time sitting by the fire, fishing and exploring nature.
I thought I'd share some pictures of some of our first camping experiences
when we were only a family of three, with two on the way!
Here's 16-month old Lela and me in June 2006.
We were camping at a favorite spot on the Conway River, VA.
In case you're curious, that's a twin belly at 3 1/2 months.
Check out that tiny tent.
Notice it is sitting *on top* an air mattress.
Rapidan River, Virginia.
Lela is now 18 months and that's a 4 1/2 month twin belly.
Lela and Daddy fishing.
Our last camping trip to the Conway
before Laurel and Livvy were born.
I'm getting ready to release this tiny native brook trout
at 6 1/2 months pregnant.
Fast forward to May 2009 before we were brave enough to take
a four year old and two two-year olds camping.
We upgraded to a much, much bigger tent.
REI is a great organization, we are co-op members.
I'll be cooking on our camp stove in the mornings, and over the fire in the evenings.
Lunch will be sandwiches and snacks are fruit, veggies and cheese.
Thank you to my friend Cookie for loaning me her lovely cast-iron Dutch oven.
All my cooking will be cast-iron, thank you to everyone for converting me!
And thank you to my friend Nikki for these great links.
eartheasy Campfire Cooking - building a cooking campfire, solar ovens and recipes
SCOUTORAMA - camping and Dutch oven recipes
Joy of Camping - camping recipes
eartheasy Campfire Cooking - building a cooking campfire, solar ovens and recipes
SCOUTORAMA - camping and Dutch oven recipes
Joy of Camping - camping recipes
So we're off to the wilderness and we are so excited.
I'll be back here at the end of the week, sharing stories and pictures.
Hopefully no bears, though we are counting on the pup to keep us on notice.
Enjoying nature,
~carrie~

2 comments:
have a great time, Looks like there are lots of happy memories made there, hope you make many more on this trip x
ohhh the rapidan!! I have some great memories of this place....
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~