Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WiP - birthday sweater down-to-the-wire

Lela's birthday sweater is still in-progress.  I had a four day stall where I was trying to figure out the heart motif.  I ripped it out FOUR times!  Sadly, this is going to be too big for her.  But I'm hoping with a little ribbon or yarn to gather the neckline, she won't mind.

 

I think I have need about two more repeats before I through with the length.  My plan is to finish that tonight, including the bottom ruffle.  Then tomorrow pick the sleeves up and add their ruffles, with blocking tomorrow night.  All in time for the birthday table on Friday morning.  Whew!
Thankfully there is plenty of Arnica in the house for my wrist!  My right wrist, as a lefty knitter, has been getting more action now that I'm knitting continental.  Though I must say that I could never have been so speedy doing English. What a learning process this has been!  Many, many firsts here. 




More birthday surprises to come!  

Peace, 
Carrie