Wednesday, August 26, 2009

flower girl dress: second generation

Finally found my cardreader!


It was exactly where I should have looked first - in one of Laurel's little "stash bags", along with my old cell phone that I needed, a little duck, some stale popcorn and two pair of underwear. Well, at least she was prepared for anything. She, like I, has many "bags of confusion" and loves tucking little things in little bags or baskets.


I have so many pictures to share, including some from last weekend's visit with Gran and Pop. But here are a few cute ones of Lela wearing the flower girl dress that I wore 25 odd years ago at my Aunt Lorraine and Uncle George's wedding.


Doesn't that baby blue satin ribbon look so pretty? She really wanted to tie it in the front.




I love all the little eyelets.




And the sweet cap sleeves.



I love that Lela enjoys tucking flowers anywhere she can.






And just to bring it full circle - here is Lela as one of the flower girls at Georgia (their daughter) and Ryan's wedding in December. This isn't from the actual wedding, but just before it in the beginning of December 2008.
Georgia, would you like to share a picture with me?





Twirling is only natural!