Monday, July 19, 2010

~ balancing butterflies ~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we made these adorable balancing butterflies
after I saw this post on Childhood Magic (with tutorial!)
by way of The Crafty Crow.


We chose to add some crayon embellishments
to some old watercolor paintings.


In order to not cover up the watercolors,
we used inexpensive crayons.





When the girls were done with their decorations,
I cut them out and applied the pennies to the back with hot glue.
In hindsight, Tacky Glue might have been the better choice,
since the hot glue set up quickly and didn't give us time to readjust.


Aren't they adorable?  
Lela named her Susan and Flower.
Liv decided on Panda and Solstice (hmmmmm.....)


Laurel named hers Susan and Ellie.  


Even The Daddy got one from me.
For bringing balance to my life.
Har-dee-har-har......

Please go over to Childhood Magic
and make some for yourself!

carrie

3 comments:

Ariella said...

so much fun aren't they? beautiful!!

Tanya said...

are those made in china crayons in a plastic container???? :-) Nice job girls!

Erin said...

Panda & Solstice? Awwwwwwwwww. I feel so honored. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~