~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last weekend, Stephanie Dosen of Tiny Owl Knits
visited my local yarn shop, Things Remembered (here's the Ravelry group)
for classes on some of her patterns and of course to show off her beautiful work!
The wonderful ladies at Things Remembered had the entire shop so nicely decorated!
The displays were thoughtful and the details were not left unnoticed.
And here are her Parseltongue Hat
(and you know what, it may be the Orchids & Fairy Lights
I cannot remember - you couldn't go wrong with either pattern though!)
Heartfelt Rings (a sweet free pattern), Rosy Wristlettes (crochet) and Some Cloudy Day Legwarmers.
(and you know what, it may be the Orchids & Fairy Lights
I cannot remember - you couldn't go wrong with either pattern though!)
Heartfelt Rings (a sweet free pattern), Rosy Wristlettes (crochet) and Some Cloudy Day Legwarmers.
Her Beekeepers Quilt is so very amazing!
This is her actual quilt here - isn't that something?
On the right is her Moss and Bluebell Pocket Scarf.
I love these cute kits, all set up with needles and caked yarn!
The Manos del Uruguay yarns.....
I have two hanks of their alpaca and pima cotton blend just waiting to become a shawlette.
More Beekeepers Quilt squishiness!
Didn't I say that the Things Remembered ladies had left no detail unnoticed?!
This owl is knitting a hexipuff!
Lela was so adorable - she wanted to show Stephanie
(AKA that funny lady from the video)
that she could cast on and knit.
Stephanie was so very nice.
I have to admit, that I wasn't familiar with her beyond her popular Beekeeper's Quilt design.
But you know, once you have the chance to meet someone,
and make a personal connection, however small,
well, you become a fan.
(She's also a talented musician, do look for her ethereal videos!)
Joy is the owner of Things Remembered,
and she reminds Stephanie that she needs to get some snacks!
In the end, I purchased two patterns:
Happily, I also have them signed! Yay!
Thank you Stephanie especially for taking the time to sit with my little girl.
They now call you "that silly lady from the video who made all the pretty knitting".
Oh, won't they be excited to see you sing, too. :D
Thank you Things Remembered for hosting this great event!
Now I'm all motivated to cast on my first hexipuff!
If you're in our area, please stop by Things Remembered and visit!
Thursdays are Sit and Stitch gatherings, from 10am-8pm
Regular hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10am-5pm
Saturdays 10am-2pm
If you're in our area, please stop by Things Remembered and visit!
Thursdays are Sit and Stitch gatherings, from 10am-8pm
Regular hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10am-5pm
Saturdays 10am-2pm
~carrie~
**In case you're wondering, no one asked for me to write this.
Just sharing a fun day and spreading the love!**
