~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
However, January's intention (which was buried in the shuffle!)
was more than enough to keep me going for 2 months!
My intention was to stop threatening my children
with some ridiculous consequence
: I will throw these clothes away if you don't pick them up! :
To stop expecting that they should just "do what I say!"
without question or pause, every time.
I don't do that; why should they?
It is silly, and completely unrealistic.
Most importantly, why would I want them to?
Am I seeking to control them, to balance out parts of my life that are out of my control?
Parts of my life that I *choose* to not control?
Am I stressed and frustrated, and falling into negative patterns?
Overwhelmed?
All of the above, I'm sure!
In the last two months, I made a lot of progress,
to the point that nearly all outward manifestations are gone.
But I still carry some of the inner voices,
so clearly this needs continued attention.
~carrie~
