~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***
I offer no explanation for my absence
other than I have enjoyed not being on the computer.
***
December was busy and fun.
We really wanted to make this holiday time
beautiful and special for the girls.
Every year since we've been together,
we have traveled to be with extended family.
(Unless you count the year I had 2 week old twins.)
Making the decision to stay home was difficult,
but we made the right choice.
We had a great month,
and our family celebration was truly magical.
We put up our tree.
This sweet picture of Daddy and the girls
was taken after the first of the decorations were up.
We also attempted a family picture.
(Sorry folks, I have Photoshop but don't feel like using it tonight!)
Blogger feels it knows better than I the proper orientation for pictures.
Ahem.
But here we have a toilet paper tube snowflake.
We discovered that many of our holiday decorations molded in the attic.
A helpful child decided that fresh arrangement needed to go into storage as well.
Another ahem.
Sweet picture of Lela and Laurel
Saint Nikolaus came to visit!
He left the girls some slippers, a holiday mug, a peppermint cane and booster seat.
Thank you St. Nikolaus - those booster seats were desperately needed!
This is a very, very special picture of me and Santa Claus.
Do you know why?
Since many decorations had to be thrown away,
we had no choice (heehee!) but to craft, craft, craft!
We made wrapping paper with potato stamps (in the background)
and here the family is preparing to make felt ornaments by wet felting in a form.
Here are our sweet ornaments!
(Thanks again Blogger!)
And in the middle of all that crafting and family fun,
a few days before the Winter Solstice,
came the 4th birthday of my twin babies!
Daddy made them each a set of walking blocks.
Aunt Bec sent them a lovely photograph (she took!)
Their GG sent a sweet version of The Night Before Christmas,
illustrated by Jan Brett.
I needle felted them a tiny doll with a "4" on the front, and a heart on the back.
Happy Birthday Olivia!
Happy Birthday Laurel!
Lela's gift - a calendar for each of her sisters.
Laurel and Liv requested a catfish dinner, with pea and mashed sweet potatoes.
The catfish was locally caught, an added bonus.
Happy Birthday my sweet babies!
You are growing up so fast!
I still have pictures to share of our Winter Solstice lantern walk with our Waldorf families, and pictures from our family celebration.
~carrie~

2 comments:
I just love your sweet family! I'm so happy that y'all had the holiday that you were hoping for!
looks like you've all been having a wonderful time - all those photos look so full of precious memories.
It's hard sometimes isn't it - striking the balance between computer time and recording the memories and actually living and loving it and just doing it all.
Loved the needlefelted dolls, they are just so adorable.
Love Julie (aka Bohomumma from julieslittlejoys)
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~