For the first 3 days, we stayed at my Aunt Lorraine and Uncle George's beach house, in Duck, NC. (THANK YOU!) We were so happy that (nearly) all the family on my Mom's side. We missed my sister, Rebecca. And also missed were my Aunt Virginia and Uncle Troy, and their daughters Paige and Kelly. And Lorraine and George's son Steve - missed him too! I'm sad that I didn't get many family pictures, but if anyone has some to share, PLEASE send them to me and I'll put them up. :)
Going to see the ocean first thing in the morning!
Miss Olive
Laurel at the very moment of reversing direction to run from the waves.
Excellent photo of Lela - really captures how excited she was.
True to her fashion, she couldn't stop squeeking and yipping the entire time.
My mom and Livvy running down the shore. My Aunt Lorraine (left) and Aunt Teresa in the background.
David and Lela
The Shrimp Boat
My dad prepares shrimp and mixes up a double batch of Shrimp Lamaze. This recipe is a legend in our family. The legend goes that my Grandaddy/GP (my dad's dad) ate it at a restaurant and loved it so much that he went back every day for a week or more and ordered it again and again. The chef finally came out and said, "Well, I guess you really like that." When my grandfather asked for the recipe, the chef gave it to him, as long as he promised not to share it. And we're not telling!
My cousin Georgia and my Grana (my mom's mom) peeling said shrimp - I had the lovely job of deveining them.
Mike doing what he came to the beach to do. Since his shrimp allergy is very severe, he had a good excuse for sitting out of all the work!
What was that noise?
Do you have any idea what made this stain?
Well, of course it was an exploding watermelon! And it had to be one that I brought! Even though it wasn't soft or had any holes, it was rotten inside. And without oxygen, it proceeded to ferment - it was only slush inside, like stewed tomatoes, and smelled terrible! Fortunately, it happened while we were awake, so we could deal with the mess right away.
Ahhhhhh

4 comments:
boo hoo, you didn't miss Aunt Bec???
Yes we did! Didn't you see your name? <3
Awesome pictures!
Coming from Lora - - - that is a REAL compliment. :)
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~