Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Henna!

I've never, ever EVER colored my hair, save a spritz of dilute lemon juice as a teenage lifeguard. My hair was blonde then, so it just made it slightly more blonde. And the chlorinated water helped it along too.

Of course, now that I'm no longer spending so much time in the sun or pool water, my hair is brown. See?



Or should I say - WAS brown!



Now with the henna, it is a fluid reddish-purplish-brown. By fluid I mean that the color seems to change with the lighting. The more light there is, the more I see the red. I'm excited to see it in the sunlight tomorrow.
It is darker than I was expecting - I was thinking I would just have some reddish highlights. But it is way darker. Still, I really like it. It has a very nice sheen that my hair has never had. It was relatively painless to apply too - took me an hour start to finish. There is some dye on my scalp, but more carely application should help with that.

(I hate the way the pictures are cropped when posted! I can't figure it out!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are so beautiful!! I can't wait to meet that new hair in real life! It completely changes the color of your eyes. I love henna!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~