Wednesday, April 25, 2012

~ spring shawls ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly 10 days before Easter,
and the annual egg hunt at my grandparents' farm,
my mother (love her) requested shawls for each girl, in lieu of store-bought sweaters.

I have been wanting to make them a shawl each,
but with such a deadline......



I'm just crazy enough to do it!
A total of 36,000 stitches in 10 days.....I was knitting constantly!
I took a little break afterwards.....

Here's the Ravelry page, and my project page.
I wanted something washable, but still soft, so I chose my standby Berroco Comfort DK,

from my LYS Things Remembered here in town.
It's a superfine nylon, superfine acrylic blend. and very very soft. 

It looks more like cotton than a synthetic blend, though it works easier than cotton.




We tied the shawls behind their backs,
so they looked and wore like a little bolero.
As a testament to the shawls, they wore them all day and they didn't shift or slip from the shoulders.




And while I'm at it, I'll throw in some other family pictures from a perfect day. :D 













~carrie~