~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a blog h.i.a.t.u.s (Help I Am Truly Under Stress)
I believe I may be read7 to semi-regularly share here.
Maybe.
In any case, I did feel the desire to document our family hike after New Years'.
We ventured a few miles away to this Carolina Thread Trail access,
right along the Catawba River.
Everyone marveled at the I-85 bridge over the Catawba.
The children *despise* when we get on I-85, because it means at least 30 minutes in the car.
But they have a new appreciation for this bridge when we are driving now.
Even though it was jump-able by all, it feels special to have your Daddy help you over a little ditch.
This railroad trestle was so beautiful to me.
There were many very large wild grapevines along the river, and this nice one provided a perfect seat.
It seemed like the perfect opportunity to take some pictures.
It is difficult to get a 'perfect' shot of so many little ones,
but I think I like this better.
More grapevines, where the girls had fun pretending to be bobcats.
Our littlest is a firecracker.
These can be 'positive' or 'negative', and explosions can happen unexpectedly last a while.
Today was such a day for a not-so-fun show.
But there's a sweet finale in the very important reconnection.
The past year has been a challenging one for me personally,
plagued by frequent panic attacks and constant anxiety.
I cannot say that they are behind me, but I'm feeling hopeful that some positive progress is happening.
There's a palpable feeling in our family that there has been a shift toward something more beautiful.
Happy New Year.
~carrie~
