Wednesday, May 12, 2010

wash wednesday: the original

GardenMama is hosting a fun challenge
pictures of clotheslines here at
Won't you join her?

Drying clothes out-of-doors is very gratifying.
Their clean, crisp smell.
No electricity used.
Hanging out each garment is a meditation of sorts.

~ march winds dry our washing quickly ~

My first clothesline was of my own construction.
I jury-rigged this one with phone line, 
throw rope for my canoe and a couple trees.
Extended line tied onto the swingset.

~ when clothes are on the line, girls are in this maple tree! ~



We're thankful that this line has been replaced
with an official version.
Phone cord exposed to the elements
always sags and often snaps. 
(Ask me how I know.)


~ sagging phone clothes line and tub swimming children ~

Next week I'll feature our new clothesline.
Hurray!

carrie

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

such pretty pictures! And it can be such a meditative activity!

* * said...

I once had a clothesline that I created from a dog run line, it worked well. I feels good to use what is on hand doesn't it : ) I love the photos of your clothesline and kids at play, I look forward to seeing your new line as well!

Unknown said...

we did wash wed also...i love the shot with the kiddos in the tub, so cute!
suzy

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~