Wednesday, October 22, 2008

what I've been up to.....

Here's some pictures from the gap between the last posting....

We cut down the (invasive) Bradford pear from our front yard. We still have another one, but I couldn't bear to take down 2 trees.

My hottie husband with the chainsaw. The combination of power tools and jeans is just so sexy!

Now you can see our house, and I have an area for gardening next year.

Made Waldorf window stars. This one is out of tissue paper, but I got the idea and want to try with kite paper. Fun and looks pretty from inside and out!
We rearraged our downstairs. We changed the smallish dining room (used as a playroom) into our new living room, and we made the big living room the girls' new playroom. MUCH better arrangement and easier to care for as well. We also decluttered a bit and everyone is loving this.

Here is the reading nook, with the chairs and couch that my dad made for me and my sister and kids. Laurel in a rare moment out of my arms.
And here is the sitting place for adults!

Hutch with art/craft supplies and nature area on top.


Last weekend, my sister came to visit. It was a great visit. We went to the Farmers' Market, botanical gardens and painted pictures. Forgot the camera!!

Laurel reaching in a bowl from some fresh roasted peanuts.

Lela enjoying the peaceful rhythm of cracking open peanut hulls, eating some for herself, sharing some with the squirrels and tossing the hulls into the garden.



Cooking tomatoes for sauce - I bought about 20 pounds of them and got a lot of flack from The Husband over it. Well, let's see how much he enjoys lasagna made with these fresh tomatoes instead of canned from the grocery store.