Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday!

Friday is our day to get the house and our lives in order.


  • We wash one load of clothes and one load of diapers, and then hang the diapers out on the line to dry in the sun. Clothes are dried in the dryer and folded and put away while we're upstairs.

  • We clean all parts of the house, including upstairs, and organize and cull any clutter that has accumulated throughout the week.

  • I make sure that the grass is cut, which usually gets done earlier in the week.

  • I plan out the weekend activities, including time for the Farmers' Market on Saturday mornings.

  • I think ahead so that Saturday and Sunday mornings are smooth, and we have a good breakfast, and that dinners are simple so that there is less hassle and cleaning after the kids are in bed.

Unfortunately, this has never happened. This is how it usually goes:


  • There is usually about 4 loads of laundry that need to be washed, because I missed one or two loads during the week. None make it to the line. The first 2 loads get washed and dried, but not folded. The third is wrinkling in the dryer, and the fourth is still wet in the washer. Most likely, it will sit there until the next day and have to be washed again.

  • While I clean up the kitchen in the morning, the kids make a bigger mess in the living room. The playroom is such a disaster area that I just shut the door and roll my eyes in disgust. During 30 unsupervised seconds at lunch, food gets thrown all over the place, and possibly a dish is broken. Clutter accumulates and mocks me from every corner and crevice of the house.

  • And see????? I never finished this - just to show you what Friday's are all about. :)