So, we have been strawberry picking twice within the last few days.
So we're overflowing with berries - 9 gallons picked!
Though one and a half have already been consumed.
This simple dressing came together quickly, using an immersion blender.
I sliced a bunch of handfuls of strawberries, the ripest ones I could find.
It was about 2 - 2 1/2 cups sliced.
Then I added a tablespoon of mustard, a splash of cider vinegar (balsamic would have been nice, but I was out!) and a crank of salt.
I blended this up well, then drizzled in about 1/4c olive oil until it was creamy and frothy.....yum.....
I had added a bit too much vinegar this time, so a tablespoon of local, raw honey was added. Otherwise, this is paleo-friendly!
The girls approved! We'll have this over fresh lettuce from our garden, leftover pork, and more sliced strawberries.
(Pictured: dressing, berries with freshly whipped cream and one very dirty berry-picking girl! It rained on us, and then the kids played in the resulting mud. Blissful!)
