~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple weekends ago
we had our first camping trip of the year!
We eased into it by staying at our local nature preserve.
We stayed in a primitive (no water or electric) site.
It was perfect!
Our tent is the REI Kingdom 6 and we love it.
Very spacious and an adult can stand up inside.
It has kept us dry in several heavy downpours, and stood tall during strong winds.
There are a bunch of pockets inside for everything.
I cannot say enough good things about this tent.
Everywhere we looked,
the first leaves of Spring were appearing!
The girls ran up and down the ravine,
creating little play areas and finding spring ephemeral wildflowers.
At the end of the day, they were tired in a way you can only experience camping.
We made a pot of curried butternut lentil stew
in the cast iron dutch oven, and warmed it over the fire.
Hearty and very filling!
Of course we roasted marshmallows!
I managed to squeeze in some knitting as well.
This was March 19th, and we had camped to see the "Super Full Moon".
But it was very overcast, so we couldn't see the Moon.
I had fun trying to get a picture of the night sky.
I held my breath while taking these pictures.
They turned out kind of neat.
The next day we went on a hike to find more spring ephemeral wildflowers.
I found quite a bunch, and got some decent pictures.
But I will save them for another post.
Okay, just a couple.
Meet round-lobed hepatica.
Oh, she's so sweet!
And goodness I love this last photograph.
~ carrie ~

6 comments:
wonderful!
I can't wait to take emery for her first camping trip! we didn't go at all last year, and I'm so ready to sleep outside!!
gorgeous!!!
brings me back to my girl scoutin', campin' days...
Lovely photos. We love camping too, our first trip will be to Robin hood's bay (UK).
x
sounds like so much fun. we've never tried camping with ours, but I am sure they would love it and we are thinking we might go but wait til it's a bit warmer in the evenings! Definitely tempted by reading this though
i dream of that tent!!!
I hope to go camping soon. I am a bit hesitant with our newest little one. Any tips wise mama?
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.
If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!
~carrie~