Sunday, November 28, 2010

~ november intention ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise that I have been absent from blogging for a good (though deeply personal) reason.  It ties in with my November intention, which I'll get to in a moment.

My October intention was to smile.  However, a few days later I severely injured my back.  Despite being in pain and fear that I was going to need surgery (it was that bad), it was probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  It was a catalyst for some personal growth that has been fermenting in me for months, even years.  I don't know if I'll be sharing that here, but suffice it to say that these days.....I feel better than I have in my entire life.

At the beginning of November, I decided on my new intention: to be more selfish.  On the surface, that doesn't sound very peaceful at all.  But right now it is the best thing that I can do for myself and my family, and by extension, the world around me.  I could not offer anything (genuine) to others when I didn't care for or about myself.  

I hope to be back to sharing our lives on this blog soon, as well as reading about others' journey towards peace. But if you don't see me or hear from me, it's because I'm being selfish.  I'm cooking myself and my family delicious, wholesome meals, playing with my girls in the leaves, singing in the shower, picking on the guitar, waving at my neighbors and creating a more beautiful home for us.

~carrie~

1 comment:

elizabeth ~ so wabi sabi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back...it is wonderful that you have been able to see the blessing in that. The Universe certainly choses interesting ways to wake us up and help us see what is truly important. I think your November intention is perfect. I have seen for me that my intention for peace seem to take their own direction. I'll be interested in seeing where your intentions lead in the upcoming months. Take good care! love, blessings, and peace~
elizabeth

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting.....I appreciate everyone who comes by here, whether you leave a comment or not.

If you do write a note or ask a question, I'll respond here. Thanks!

~carrie~